Course Name: Solas Safe Pass (in conjunction with our sister company NDA)
Duration: 1 Full Day
Course Aim: To give the learner a greater appreciation for the hazards associated with working in, on and around construction sites.
Under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013, all construction workers in Ireland – including apprentices and trainees – are legally bound to hold a valid Safepass Registration Card.
- Introduction to Site Safety
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Site Accident Reporting
- Introduction to Risk Assessment
- Working at Height, Excavations and Electrical Hazards and Risk
- Working with Construction Equipment Safely
- Site Safety and Construction Vehicles
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Noise and Vibration
- Manual Handling
- Personal Health and Welfare
- Class Commences at 8.00am sharp
- Learners must be 16 years old on the day of the course
- Valid ID must be brought on the day : Passport, Driving Licence
- A valid Irish PPS number. If you do not have an Irish PPS number you are required to fill in a STB form, provide a Headed letter from the company you are working for and have your ID scanned. This must be done and submitted to us at least 48 hours before the course start date to enable Solas to issue a temporary STB Process number.
- Learners must bring a passport sized photo with them on the day of the course, if you do not have a passport photo with you for registration, these can be obtained on the morning for a €5 (cash) fee.
- Learners must be fluent in English. Safe Pass is a detailed course for which the attendee must have a good level of English to take part, there is a multiple choice question exam at the end on the information given, which must be passed in order to successfully complete the course. You cannot have someone translate for you during the course/exam or confer with anyone else during the course/exam or use an electronic device. There are Safe Pass courses available in different languages with a Solas approved translator, we do not conduct courses with translators, if you contact our office we can guide you to a company that can assist you.
On the day of the course successful candidates will receive a letter which will cover them for three weeks (site discretion) , in this time they will receive their Solas Safe Pass card which is valid for 4 years
Price per person: €165.00
To book please fill in the form and choose the date of the course. The time for the course is 8.00am until 5.00pm. Registration starts from 7.45am. No late admission to Safe Pass, after 8.10am.