Requirements: Attendees must be over 18 years of age
Attendees must have a good standard of English
Attendees must provide a form of ID for course admission
At The End of This Training Programme You Will Be Able To:
- Recognise of common mental health disorders.
- Know how to recognise the causes and impact of stress.
- Know how to recognise the causes and impact of common mental health conditions.
- Understand how individuals may use harmful strategies to cope with a mental health disorder
- Know how to support an individual with a mental health issue
- Define the terms mental health and mental ill health.
- The impacts of poor mental health on an individual
- Understand ways to reduce the stigma associated with mental health issues
- Define the term stress
- Understand the factors that increase the risk of stress in an individual
- Recognise the potential signs of an individual with stress
- Recognise the potential impact of stress on an individual
- Understand different mental health conditions
- Recognise factors that increase the risk of mental health conditions in an individual
- Recognise the potential signs of an individual with a mental health condition
- Understand the potential impact of common mental health conditions on an individual
- Identify common harmful coping strategies
- Understand how substances are misused
- Define the term eating disorder
- Understand how and why individuals may self-harm
- Recognise the potential signs of an individual who uses harmful coping strategies
- Understand ways to improve mental health and well being
- Understand factors related to effective mental health conversations
- Focus on an approach to take when supporting individuals with a mental health issue
- Identify sources of information and support for mental health issues
There will be a written exam (40minutes) after the programme and learners must achieve a 70% mark or above to pass. Certification will be issued upon successful completion of your exam.
Price per person €150.00